1. To read the bible every day and eventually read it in its entirety.070-480
2. To read at least one book per month for the next 12 months. This may seem like a small goal to some but with all I have going on in my life, it can be very challenging to complete a book.
3. To plant a vegetable garden.
4. To be satisfied with where we’re at. No more house projects, big trips, or shopping sprees with money we don’t have or shouldn’t be spending.
5. To live simply .This is a very broad goal and is in no way measurable but it may include things such as taking my reusable grocery bag to the store with me when I shop in order to eliminate the build-up of plastic bags. Or to de-clutter the garage. Whatever it is, I know what it will look like to me.
6. To be more intentional with my time. I am not one to live by a schedule but with children you have to. There is nothing I dislike more than coming to the realization I have wasted three hours of my time on the computer or lost in daytime t.v. I am on a mission to organize my day more effectively but mostly to carve out some time for ME!
7. To find a hobby. Have blogging, working in the yard, drinking coffee, and watching comedy but I need something more. I need a real outlet for my energy. Something in which I can set goals and challenge myself. Running perhaps?
8. To clean less. Really. I spend a lot of time cleaning and tidying and sometimes maintaining a clean house consumes me. I may be bordering on OCD tendencies. LOL! And my new venture will definitely help with that. Check it out at Alysha’s Norwex
9. To cherish relationships. Whether it be with my husband, family members, or friends, I believe building relationships is key to a happy life. I am so blessed by the people God has put in my life but I do sometimes (okay, more often than not) take them for granted. My goal is to make them aware of their importance to me by spending quality time with them or blessing them in some other way.
10. To pursue some sort of higher education. I have not quite decided how this one might play out but I have a few ideas. Stay tuned.
Wow, it was exhausting just to write that list. I hope I can live up to the expectations I have for myself. I guess only time will tell.
Do you have goals you’d like to share? Link them up below.220-802
Thanks for reading,
Latest posts by Alysha (see all)
- In Her Father’s Absence: Conversations on Lessons Learned from Life and Loss - April 11, 2015
- I am an Obliger — and the truth about selflessness - April 9, 2015
- A Different Kind of Salvation Story - April 7, 2015